WOODGuard XL Colors (5 Gallon)
WOODGuard XL Wood Preservative
WOODguard XL has the same formulations system as WOODguard with its benefits but it differs in active ingredients and appearance. WOODguard XL contains two synergistic biocides and is of a light tan color which enhances the color of the treated wood and gives superior mold and mildew control.
WOODguard XL oil formula provides long-term protection and water repellency by penetrating deeply into the wood. WOODguard XL contains several transparent ultra-violet (UV) blocking pigments, which protects the finish from damaging ultra-violet rays and improve water repellency. WOODguard XL forms a semi-transparent polymer binder, which holds the pigments to the wood and allows the logs to breathe.
Brings the wood grain to life and keeps it that way. Perfection. Best Preservative Ive used hands down
Brings the wood grain to life and keeps it that way.
Perfection. Best Preservative Ive used hands down
Woodguard XL Recommended Usage
- WOODguard XL is a highly-durable, one coat, oil-based, transparent, wood-preservative stain designed for log homes, siding, roofs and fencing.
- WOODguard XL is especially well suited for applications where environmental safety is needed.
Woodguard XL Surface Preparation
- Before applying WOODguard XL, ensure that the surface is clean and the wood is free of mill glaze and dry to <18% moisture content.
- The preferred surface preparation is applying a solution of one cup of TSP and one quart of outdoor bleach to one gallon of water.
- Do not apply if rain is expected within 48 hours.
- WOODguard XL is very effective on Eastern White Pine, Southern Yellow Pine, Cedar, Cypress, and other porous wood surfaces.
- If the wood has been treated with another product, it must be removed with a chemical wash.