Armstrong-Clark Deck Stain
$69.99 – $334.99
$62.99 – $294.99
Armstrong-Clark is a non film-forming, penetrating oil that is perfect for decks.
- No peeling, cracking, flashing, or sticky shiners
- Easy reapplication: no stripping, sanding, or media blasting on maintenance coats
- Able to walk on wet stain during application without having to back brush
- Can be exposed to rain one hour after full absorption into the wood
- No need for additional primers or sealers
- All colors are intermixable
- One coat application; if desired, a second coat can be applied for many applications
- Can be applied in direct sun in the heat of the day
- Can be applied to wood with up to 20% moisture
- Hardwood & Semi-Solid colors are more expensive than Transparent & Semi-Transparent colors
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!
*The final color will look dramatically different depending on the wood’s age & species, so we recommend trying Armstrong-Clark stain samples before ordering.
We’re excited to finally offer a premium deck stain by Armstrong-Clark! For years, we’ve been looking for a stain for decks that can compare to WOODguard’s unrivaled performance for log homes. Armstrong-Clark’s oil-based stains are perfect for decks because, like WOODguard, they penetrate deeply into the wood but also dry very quickly, the one thing that WOODguard stains don’t do. Most of the colors are designed for use on furniture and other contact surfaces. It is easy to apply, long-lasting, and offers a collection of beautiful colors that will enrich any deck.
How Armstrong-Clark stain works:
The Armstrong-Clark colors are not all equally transparent, so consult this chart to choose the right kind of color for your needs:
About 175 – 200 ft²/gallon, depending on the wood (older wood will require more stain than newer wood).
Armstrong-Clark should be mixed thoroughly, making sure that all ingredients have been removed from the bottom of the container. For the 5-gallon bucket, we recommend using a drill mixer like the Hyde Stir Whip that can reach and scrape the entire bottom of the bucket. If using a mixer, attach to an electric drill and insert through the bunghole to mix. Make sure that the mixer reaches all the way to the bottom of the bucket. If this is not an option, you can also use a clean bucket and pour the contents of the stain bucket into it. Use a small amount of Mineral Spirits or Paint Thinner to retrieve the majority of any material left in the bottom of the bucket and add it back into the mixed bucket.
• If using Bee Gone, MX-3 or NBS 30, mix the entire bottle(s) into the 5-gallon bucket before mixing
IMPORTANT: keep the Armstrong-Clark stain well mixed! Colorant will settle out quickly. To maintain color uniformity, make sure to mix the bucket whenever you take out more stain.
- Application Info & Other Resources
Application Info & Other Resources
Consult this flyer for detailed instructions: How To and Informational Guide
Product data sheets:
- Reviews (0)
- Q&A (0)