WOODguard Exterior Stain|
$64.99 – $254.99
Why Choose WOODguard Stain:
- Premium stain for log homes, shingle & shake roofs, siding, and fences
- Non film-forming oil that won’t crack or peel; no need to blast or strip in between coats
- 22 semi-transparent colors available
- One coat application
- Excellent water repellency & UV protection
- EPA-registered preservative; protects against rot and mildew
- Toxic to termites and powder post beetles
- Over 40 years proven performance
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!
*Disclaimer: The final color will look dramatically different depending on the wood’s age & species, so we recommend trying WOODguard stain samples before ordering.
How to Apply WOODguard:
1 gallon covers 150-300 ft² on new wood and 75-100 ft² on weathered wood.
WOODguard Exterior should be mixed thoroughly, making sure that all ingredients have been removed from the bottom of the container. For the 5-gallon bucket, we recommend using a drill mixer like the Hyde Stir Whip that can reach and scrape the entire bottom of the bucket. If using a mixer, attach to an electric drill and insert through the bunghole to mix. Make sure that the mixer reaches all the way to the bottom of the bucket. If this is not an option, you can also use a clean bucket and pour the contents of the stain bucket into it. Use a small amount of Mineral Spirits or Paint Thinner to retrieve the majority of any material left in the bottom of the bucket and add it back into the mixed bucket.
• If using a WOODguard custom color, mix the entire quart of tint into the 5-gallon bucket before mixing
• If using Bee Gone, MX-3 or NBS 30, also mix the entire bottle(s) into the 5-gallon bucket before mixing
IMPORTANT: keep the stain well mixed! Colorant will settle out quickly. To maintain color uniformity, make sure to mix the bucket whenever you take out more stain.